In The World According to God, Greg Johnson writes: “Today it’s not unthinkable that an Evangelical scholar might say something like this: ‘For me personally, from my limited perspective, I think it would appear to me, if I’m not mistaken about this, that there’s one primary Savior in the Bible, at least according to my faith tradition, within my circle of meaning, assuming a pre-modern metanarrative in a faith-based discourse, as we tend to do, I think.’ Johnson responds: “WEASEL! There’s a difference between being aware of your limitations and being a coward. We used to say, ‘Jesus is the only Savior.’ It’s a clear, concise statement, powerful in its simplicity. Besides, GOD says so!”
Dr. Larry Dixon
“THEOLOGY MATTERS” CONFERENCES!
We are launching our "Theology Matters" conferences. These are weekend, intensive, and local church-planned gatherings where we look at God's Word on such issues as temptation and sin, heaven and hell, the importance of correct belief, issues of discipleship, becoming friends of sinners, and other topics.
If you are interested in scheduling a "Theology Matters" conference, please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on my cell: 803-201-9745.
Dr. Larry Dixon
117 Norse Way
Columbia, SC 29229
- Preaching as Public Speaking | From guestwriters on Jonah — Belief Contradicted by Behavior! (Part 3)
- Dr. Larry Dixon on UNLIKE JESUS! One Area Where Jesus-Followers Excel (Part 16)
- M R Charles on UNLIKE JESUS! One Area Where Jesus-Followers Excel (Part 16)
- Dr. Larry Dixon on UNLIKE JESUS! One Area Where Jesus-Followers Excel! (Part 2)
- Steven M Kuitems on UNLIKE JESUS! One Area Where Jesus-Followers Excel! (Part 2)