“Our modern concern with truth is an inevitable expression of our concern with God. If God exists then he is the measure of all things, and what he thinks about all things is the measure of what we should think. Not to care about truth is not to care about God. To love God passionately is to love truth passionately. Being God-centered in life means being truth-driven in ministry. What is not true is not of God. What is false is anti-God. Indifference to the truth is indifference to the mind of God. Pretense is rebellion against reality and what makes reality is God. Our concern with truth is simply an echo of our interest with God.” (Piper, 2006)
Dr. Larry Dixon
“THEOLOGY MATTERS” CONFERENCES!
We are launching our "Theology Matters" conferences. These are weekend, intensive, and local church-planned gatherings where we look at God's Word on such issues as temptation and sin, heaven and hell, the importance of correct belief, issues of discipleship, becoming friends of sinners, and other topics.
If you are interested in scheduling a "Theology Matters" conference, please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on my cell: 803-201-9745.
Dr. Larry Dixon
117 Norse Way
Columbia, SC 29229
- Dr. Larry Dixon on Some Challenges from Colossians! (Part 3)
- Fountains Of Hope Poetry on Some Challenges from Colossians! (Part 3)
- Dr. Larry Dixon on Ten Habits That Have Helped Me in the Christian Life (Habit #6)
- Dr. Larry Dixon on Some Challenges from Colossians! (Part 2)
- Hallie Booth on Some Challenges from Colossians! (Part 2)