“If it is right for man to have the glory of God as his goal, can it be wrong for God to aim at the same goal? If man can have no higher end and motive than God’s glory, how can God? And if it is wrong for man to seek a lesser end than this, then it would be wrong for God too. The reason why it cannot be right for man to live for himself, as if he were God, is simply the fact that he is not God; and the reason why it cannot be wrong for God to seek His own glory is simply the fact that He is God. Those who would not have God seek His glory in all things are really asking that He should cease to be God. And there is no greater blasphemy than to will God out of existence.” (J.I. Packer in The Plan of God found at http://www.the-highway.com/plan_Packer.html)
Dr. Larry Dixon
“THEOLOGY MATTERS” CONFERENCES!
We are launching our "Theology Matters" conferences. These are weekend, intensive, and local church-planned gatherings where we look at God's Word on such issues as temptation and sin, heaven and hell, the importance of correct belief, issues of discipleship, becoming friends of sinners, and other topics.
If you are interested in scheduling a "Theology Matters" conference, please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on my cell: 803-201-9745.
Dr. Larry Dixon
117 Norse Way
Columbia, SC 29229
- Preaching as Public Speaking | From guestwriters on Jonah — Belief Contradicted by Behavior! (Part 3)
- Dr. Larry Dixon on UNLIKE JESUS! One Area Where Jesus-Followers Excel (Part 16)
- M R Charles on UNLIKE JESUS! One Area Where Jesus-Followers Excel (Part 16)
- Dr. Larry Dixon on UNLIKE JESUS! One Area Where Jesus-Followers Excel! (Part 2)
- Steven M Kuitems on UNLIKE JESUS! One Area Where Jesus-Followers Excel! (Part 2)