We continue our journey of unit-reading 65 of the 66 books of the Bible. By unit-reading, we mean to sit down and read straight through a book without stopping. Today’s book is the first of the so-called Pastoral Epistles, I Timothy.
A couple of issues jump out at me:
1. Leading God’s people is not easy! There are pitfalls everywhere!
2. God has high standards for leaders in His church!
3. There are real intellectual dangers facing God’s people today!
4. We are not free to live any way we wish (God gives specific instructions to various groups).
5. We should be thankful for the good gifts God gives in creation!
6. It appears that Jesus died not just “for the elect,” but for all people!