I find the beer commercials featuring the ruggedly handsome, bearded spokesman described as “The Most Interesting Man in the World” quite, uh, interesting. Some of my favorite lines used about this man are the following:
1. Whatever side of the tracks he’s currently on is the right side, even if he crosses the tracks he’ll still be on the right side.
2. He never says something tastes like chicken.. not even chicken.
3. Superman has pajamas with his logo.
4. The circus ran away to join him.
5. Bear hugs are what he gives bears.
6. He once brought a knife to a gunfight… just to even the odds.
7. When he meets the Pope, the Pope kisses his ring.
8. If he were to visit the dark side of the moon, it wouldn’t be dark.
9. He can kill two stones with one bird.
10. His signature won a Pulitzer.
[We will look at a few more of these reasons in our subsequent posts, including some true details about the actor playing “the most interesting man in the world.”]
But isn’t the most interesting man in the world, in the UNIVERSE, the Lord Jesus Christ? Here are a few reasons why that is the case:
Why JESUS is the most interesting man in the UNIVERSE:
1. He knows what you are thinking before you even form words in your mind.
2. He never, ever lies.
3. He has conquered death and proved His deity by His resurrection.
4. He and He alone could pay the sin debt you and I owed to God.
5. He is worthy of any sacrifice we could offer Him.
6. He deserves all our praise and all our worship — We can never over-worship Jesus!
STAY THIRSTY FOR JESUS, MY FRIENDS!