I do not make it a habit of watching beer commercials, but when I do — it’s Dos Equis! (an inside joke). These commercials I find fascinating as they recount amazing facts about a fictional character — the Most Interesting Man in the World (who drinks this particular beer)!
Here are a few more of my favorites about this man:
1. His feet don’t get blisters, but his shoes do.
2. He once went to the psychic, to warn her.
3. He has never waited 15 minutes after finishing a meal before returning to the pool.
4. When a tree falls in a forest and no one is there, he hears it.
5. He once got pulled over for speeding, and the cop got the ticket.
6. Sharks have a week dedicated to him.
7. He lives vicariously through himself.
[We will look at a few more of these reasons in our subsequent posts, including some true details about the actor playing “the most interesting man in the world.”]
But isn’t the most interesting man in the world, in the UNIVERSE, the Lord Jesus Christ? Here are a few reasons why that is the case:
Why JESUS is the most interesting man in the UNIVERSE:
1. He got blisters as He walked the earth He created, for He became a true man without ceasing to be the Second Person of the Trinity!
2. He had no need for any human to warn Him of any future event — for He knew the future before it happened.
3. To prove his genuine humanity after His resurrection, Jesus actually ate food in front of His startled disciples and invited them to touch Him!
4. He created the very tree that was used to fashion a cross upon which He was crucified for us.
5. No one could ever prove Him guilty of any sin!
6. He died vicariously (as a substitute) for sinners. He did not need to die for His own sins. But He came to pay the sin debt that you and I owed!
STAY GRATEFUL FOR JESUS, MY FRIENDS!