Jonathan Goldsmith, a 73-year-old actor who stars in these beer commercials, plays the role of “the most interesting man in the world.” His qualities are highlighted by the narrator and include, I think, some very humorous lines. Here are a few of my favorite in this last post on this topic:
1. Mosquitoes refuse to bite him purely out of respect.
2. He is fluent in all languages, including three that he only speaks.
3. When he goes to Spain, he chases the bulls.
4. When in Rome, they do as HE does.
5. Presidents take his birthday off.
6. The police often question him, just because they find him interesting.
[Dos Equis has just announced that it is retiring its “Most Interesting Man in the World” ad campaign and can be read about here.]
These statements about this fictional character challenge me to ask a critical question: How is Jesus different? Or one could put it as a statement —
Why JESUS is the most interesting man in the UNIVERSE:
1. Jesus is the very wisdom, the very LOGOS, of God!
2. He can hear — and understand — prayers in every language of the universe. And do something about what He hears!
3. One day, Jesus will return and reverse all the effects of this universe’s fallenness — and the lion will lie down with the lamb (without eating it!).
4. When He comes back for His people, He will finally wrap up history, righting all wrongs and judging the whole world with perfect justice!
IF Jesus is the most interesting man in the entire universe, the question we must answer is: Am I studying what the Bible says about Him — and longing to become more like Him?
STAY FASCINATED WITH YOUR SAVIOR, MY FRIENDS!