In 1981 a Minnesota radio station made an odd announcement about a car which had been stolen in California. The police were staging an intense search for the vehicle and the driver, even placing radio ads to contact the thief. On the front seat of the stolen car sat a box of crackers that had been laced with poison to be used as rat bait. Now the police and the car owner were more interested in apprehending the thief to prevent him from eating the poison than to recover the car. So often, when we run from God, we feel it is to escape His punishment. But what we may actually be doing is eluding His rescue.
Dr. Larry Dixon
“THEOLOGY MATTERS” CONFERENCES!
We are launching our "Theology Matters" conferences. These are weekend, intensive, and local church-planned gatherings where we look at God's Word on such issues as temptation and sin, heaven and hell, the importance of correct belief, issues of discipleship, becoming friends of sinners, and other topics.
If you are interested in scheduling a "Theology Matters" conference, please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on my cell: 803-201-9745.
Dr. Larry Dixon
117 Norse Way
Columbia, SC 29229
- Dr. Larry Dixon on Psalms of the Salter: Some Thoughts on Really Living for the Lord: Psalm 122
- Richard Marks on Psalms of the Salter: Some Thoughts on Really Living for the Lord: Psalm 122
- Dr. Larry Dixon on Looking Forward to “Iron Sharpens Iron” Conference May 25-28!
- Anonymous on Looking Forward to “Iron Sharpens Iron” Conference May 25-28!
- Fitness Apparel on Time for a Great Cartoon! (grades)
- Time for a Great Cartoon: Eating Salad!
- Psalms of the Salter: Some Thoughts on Really Living for the Lord: Psalm 129
- Time for a Great Cartoon: Laziness!
- Psalms of the Salter: Some Thoughts on Really Living for the Lord: Psalm 128
- Preparing for the “Iron Sharpens Iron” Conference (Emmaus May 25-28) Workshop #2 (con’t)