Truth Decay! (A Study of 2 John 1-4)
Would you not agree that we are experiencing truth decay in our world? Many believe what they want to be true. Others doubt the existence of truth at all (except their statement that there is no truth). In times like these, we need the spiritual sanity of a writer like John who proclaimed in his gospel that Jesus Christ said, “I am the way, the TRUTH, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me!”
Here is what John says about TRUTH in his second epistle:
1. We are to LOVE other believers “in the TRUTH” (v. 1).
2. All who know the TRUTH also love God’s people (v. 1).
3. The TRUTH lives in us and will be with us forever (v. 2)
4. Three amazing gifts will be with us in TRUTH and love: grace, mercy and peace (v. 3).
5. We should experience great joy when we find some of God’s children walking in the TRUTH (v. 4).
I love G.K. Chesterton’s statement when he said . . .
Tags: 2 John, G.K. Chesteron, truth