Category Archives: I Peter 3
Hard Truth for Husbands! (A Study of I Peter 3:7)
Ten questions about this verse:
1. To what, specifically, is Peter referring when he writes “in the same way”?
2. What is meant by the word “considerate”? Where else is that word used in the New Testament?
3. There are two commands here for the husband: (1) “be considerate” and (2) “treat them with respect.” What are practical ways we can test to see if we men are doing those two things?
4. What does Peter mean by “the weaker partner”?
5. This idea of being “heirs with you of the gracious gift of life” — to what is Peter referring? Salvation? Heaven?
6. How important is prayer to Peter? To the Lord? How do our prayers get “hindered”?
7. Where else in the New Testament do we read of our prayers being hindered because of our conduct in our marriages?
8. Why is only one verse of instructions for husbands given — and so many for the wives?
9. Notice that no excuse is given for husbands not to follow these instructions (if their wives don’t follow the instructions given to them) or vice versa. Our obedience is not conditional on the behavior of the spouse.
10. Do you and your spouse pray together? Linda and I have been married 49 years and only recently have begun praying together (almost) each morning. What took us soooo long?