“Buechner is my name. It is pronounced Beek-ner. If somebody mispronounces it in some foolish way, I have the feeling that what’s foolish is me. If somebody forgets it, I feel that it’s I who am forgotten. There’s something about it that embarrasses me in just the same way that there’s something about me that embarrasses me. I can’t imagine myself with any other name Held, say, or Merrill, or Hlavacek. If my name were different, I would be different. When I tell you my name, I have given you a hold over me that you didn’t have before. If you call it out, I stop, look, and listen whether I want to or not. In the book of Exodus, God tells Moses that his name is Yahweh, and God hasn’t had a peaceful moment since.”
Dr. Larry Dixon
Join 1,059 other subscribers
A new book!
Our latest book, The Forgotten Third: Developing a Biblical Relationship with God the Holy Spirit, challenges the believer to genuinely “walk in the Spirit”! You can order this right now through Amazon or directly from me (send $10 [which includes shipping] to my address).
Dr. Larry Dixon
117 Norse Way
Columbia, SC 29229 Cell: 803-201-9745
- Dr. Larry Dixon on My New Book “Bless-ed” Is Now Out! Almost.
- Anonymous on My New Book “Bless-ed” Is Now Out! Almost.
- Dr. Larry Dixon on With Friends Like These . . . Job’s Friends and Religious Foolishness (XXI. The Lord Speaks (Chs. 38-40:2)
- Gerry T. Neal on With Friends Like These . . . Job’s Friends and Religious Foolishness (XXI. The Lord Speaks (Chs. 38-40:2)
- Dr. Larry Dixon on Snickers’ Commercial on Fornication!